Youth Action Foundation announces the formation of its new Advisory Council. This group consisting of eight people with great professional trajectory and social commitment, contribute to the Young Action Foundation their knowledge, experience and dedication to create positive changes in the country. Their advice comes to support the Foundation's work in generating more opportunities for young people in contexts of social vulnerability and to influence the improvement of programs and public policy aimed at young people.
In alphabetical order, the members of the Advisory Council are:
· Jose Aguilar Berrocal, President of the Board of Directors and Founder of Youth Action Foundation (FAJ). Executive Director of Positive Horizon Association.
· Edgar Ayales Esna, former Minister of Finance and former representative of Central America on the Board of Directors of the International Monetary Fund, the World Bank and the Inter-American Development Bank and Director of the Costa Rican Stock Exchange.
· Edna Camacho Mejía, President and Researcher of the Academy of Central America. Previously, she was Vice Minister of Finance and Director General of CINDE. She has been a consultant for national and international organizations.
· Yolanda Lacoma, Founder and President of Talent Analytics / PeopleTreeGroup and Managing Director of Mundo Strategies. In addition, she is Senior Consultant of F & L Group and a Professor of the University of Aberdeen.
· Edgar Mata, Vice President of the communication agency CCK Centroamérica. Previously, he worked on television, as Torch presenter on Channel 13 and as host and interviewer on Channel 4's NC4.
· Gabriela Saborío, Founder of the Progressive Yunta Escazuceña and PAC. They have been a great ally of Youth Action Foundation since the beginning of the organization.
· Jorge Vargas Cullell, Director of the State of the Nation Program and researcher in the areas of democracy and political systems. Author of numerous books and articles on topics such as quality of democracy, political attitudes and reform of the State. He is a columnist for La Nación and has been a consultant for international organizations.
· Mónica Vul, Researcher at the Institute for Psychological Research and Coordinator in the Violence and Society Research Program at the University of Costa Rica. Psychoanalyst and guest lecturer at the University of Buenos Aires, University of San Martín (UNSAM), University of Barcelona, niversity of El Salvador, University of Almada (Portugal) and others.
In addition, Youth Action Foundation benefits from the strong support of Roberto Artavia, President of the Board of Directors of VIVA Trust and Fundación Latinoamérica Possible, as an Honorary Strategy Advisor in the process of preparing and implementing the new FAJ strategic plan for 2017 -2019.
Javier Berrocal, business consultant and former business manager of several companies, is contributing to the Foundation through its role as an Honorary Member of the Advisory Council.
Council members donate their time to advise the Foundation from their particular experience. Aditionally, they participate in regular meetings to ensure the proper fulfillment of FAJ's objectives and strategies.
The formation of the Advisory Council marks the beginning of a new stage of growth for the Youth Action Foundation and greater opportunities for the young people with whom we work.
Youth Action Foundation thanks the members for dedicating their time, energy and valuable experience to help us build together a more inclusive society.